Downtown Greenwood Farmers Market
The Downtown Greenwood Farmers Market is open from mid-may through the end of September on Saturdays from 8am-noon at the corner of Howard and Johnson Streets. The Farmers Market is managed by the City of Greenwood and is a Mississippi Certified Farmers Market.
Be a Grower or Vendor
The market is open to grower and vendors of the following items:
Food Items: baked goods, berries, bread, canned goods, cheese, coffee, dressings, dried fruits, eggs, fruit, honey, jams, jellies, meat, milk, nuts, pasta, sauces, seafood*, spices, tea, and vegetables.
Non-food Items: art, bird feeders, bird houses, candles, flowers, plants, pottery, seeds, soap, and
Vendor fees are $10 a week and include access to a 10' x 10' tent, a table and two chairs. To download the Vendor Form, please click here.
Farmers Market Core Values
The Core Values of the Downtown Greenwood Farmers Market are as follows:
- Sustainability: Operate the farmers market with a team of energetic and dedicated volunteers to ensure financial solvency, organizational efficiency, and long term viability.
- Economic Development: Attract a diverse and loyal clientele of customers, residents, and visitors to the farmers market and to other businesses in downtown Greenwood.
- Community Engagement: Create a vibrant community gathering place in downtown Greenwood by fostering interaction among all segments of Greenwood’s diverse community.
- Health & Wellness: Offer a diverse selection of healthy and nutritious foods and educate the community about active living, nutrition, and the importance of eating locally.
- Economic Vitality: Afford local food growers and producers a viable and profitable location to sell food, plants, and related items.
- Fairness & Authenticity: Instill trust in market customers by encouraging sustainable and organic methods of production and requiring vendors to produce and source what they sell with integrity.