About the Housing Authority
Greenwood Housing Authority provides housing assistance to low income residents through the management of programs such as Low Rent Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher Program - Section 8. These programs are income based and the eligibility guidelines are set by HUD. There may be waiting lists for rentals or vouchers, and at times, the lists may close to new applicants based on the size of and length of wait on the lists. If you are in need of housing assistance in the area, please contact the Housing Authority directly to obtain more information about eligibility requirements, availability of rentals or vouchers, the status of any waiting lists and their application procedures.
Our aim is to ensure safe, decent, and affordable housing; create opportunities for residents' self-sufficiency and economic independence; and assure fiscal integrity by all program participants.
In order to achieve this mission, we will:
- Recognize the residents as our ultimate customer
- Improve PHA management and service delivery efforts through oversight, assistance, and selective intervention by highly skilled, diagnostic, and results-oriented field personnel.
- Seek problem-solving partnerships with PHA, resident, community, and government leadership
- Act as an agent for change when performance is unacceptable and we judge that local leadership is not capable or committed to improvement
- Efficiently apply limited HUD resources by using risk assessment techniques to focus our oversight efforts
- Samaria Stevenson
- Roy Curry, Jr
- Curtis Flowers
- Will Lott
- Claudia Henson
Meetings held the first Tuesday of each month at 3:00pm. Annual meeting held the first Tuesday of February.